Saturday, August 11, 2012

How I "Found" God|Accidentally Discovering Meditation

     This is an important time in my life. It was summer of 2009. It was really very simple,I had to get away from all the "noise." I was going through intense pain in my life. I was heartbroken by various things and confused. Before this time,I was like most people and disliked silence. I was a little afraid for my mind to be left too long without distraction. Back then,i feared painful thoughts and my mind wandering.
     But,here i was in this significant time in my life where the "noise" both literal and the noise in my mind that couldn't stop was hurting me too much. And,i was led by intuition to walk outside and sit down to get away from it. I felt instantly soothed. I began to make it a habit to go outside and sit down in silence.Things started coming to me when i did this. My mind became cleared and "insights" came to me. I did a google search on meditation and the benefits and how to meditate and all that and  found out that is what I was doing. It amazed me how profound the effects were of something so simple.
     I read somewhere that prayer is like talking to God and meditation is like listening to God. That really resonated with me. I really started to value the time i took meditating and would do it everyday. I noticed for me, personally,I had stronger meditation sessions when it was nighttime. Symbols and synchronicities would come to me. Sometimes after meditating i would be in a trance like state. It was very blissful. I entered a phase in my life where i could see strongly the universe was responding to me. All the things that came to me in meditation, showed me God was real. It was summer of 2009 that i was finally able to say i believed in God without a doubt in my mind. In some of my most intense pain and confusion,I became opened up.Opened up to life and to so much understanding of my personal life path. A new me re-emerged. In a sense,meditation really saved me. I have so much gratitude for it. I feel like i was divinely led to it,as a part of my path,to bring me to a new stage that really changed me.
     In meditation,it was like i was being told "it's ok. Everything is ok." I really needed that. I was very scared and confused back then. Meditation is the kind of thing that can only be described so much. It's something you have to really experience to understand. People find God in different ways. People discover a more spiritual way of living in different ways. My way was meditation. All the answers came to me. You can read all the books you want,you can do various things to seek solace and healing,but nothing compares to what meditation can do for you. It was a miracle to me and it is what set me on my spiritual path and the catalyst for spirituality being such a passion for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment