Wednesday, July 25, 2012

TOP 5:BOOKS OF A SPIRITUAL NATURE

Around 2010,i decided the bookworm that i am,that it would be exciting to start delving into books that were of a spiritual nature as it was such a fascinating topic to me. It's hard to limit to only 5,but these are what i would say are my 5 favorite books that relate to spirituality in some way,and helped me on my path to more understanding. :-) Good mind food is always a yummy thing and obviously positive reading=positive focus which =more positive life. :)

1.)Paulo Coehlo:The Alchemist
I technically started reading this at the very end of 2009. And this book,really, it's like it found me. It really resonated with me. It's a fable work that really flows. It's feels very magical and really opens you up to how the universe works. This book is filled with metaphors and omens about a boy searching for a worldly treasure. It reminds me of the magic of life,and following the signs and listening to your heart and how the universe is there with you,responding to you,all the time. I would consider this book kind of like my prelude to spirituality and metaphysical books.

2.)Wayne W.Dyer:You'll See It When You Believe It
Of course Wayne Dyer has to be in my top five. :) He is my favorite. I always find his works so soothing and so much of what he teaches really resonates with me. He writes spirituality and personal development books. He is the first author i started to read on the topics of non fiction spirituality/personal development. I started reading his works in 2010. He teaches you about the power of your beliefs. He encourages flow with life,meditation,and just being a good person and not following societal dogma. I really consider his books a must-read. :-)

3.)There Are No Accidents. Synchronicity And The Stories Of Our Lives:Robert H. Hopcke
I consider this a great cozy day read. I've always been interested in psychology and love synchronicity. It's a lot of Jungian psychology and i love all the stories of people's real life synchronicities. It's a great book that explores the odd "coincidences" of life. I think it illustrates greatly how we really aren't alone in this world and that there really is a higher power at work as well in our life stories helping us along as we co-create our lives.

4.)The Game Of Life And How To Play It:Florence Scovel Shinn
Most people will need an open mind going into reading this. It's a short and easy read and some parts of it are a bit superstitious. But,it's a favorite of mine because of how it illustrates the power of our beliefs and the words we use,and the thoughts we think. It's one of the classic law of attraction books that shows we get what we think about,and what we speak about,sometimes to astounding accuracy.

5.)Write It Down,Make It Happen:Henriette Anne Klauser
As a writer,this book intrigued me. Before reading this book,i had heard about the power of writing and had experienced the power in my own life. This is a more down to earth book for people interested in learning about the power they have to change their lives. People that study the law of attraction often use different tools to help themselves(for example: visualization meditations is a common thing that is done),this book is basically showing you another tool to help you overcome limiting beliefs,let go of resistance,and how easy it is to get what you want out of life.





No comments:

Post a Comment